Guide to Work, Study, Travel and Living Abroad    
  Internships Abroad Student Work Abroad Programs and Paid Summer Internships
Work Abroad

Student Work Abroad Programs and Paid Summer Internships

Student internship work abroad

U.S. citizens need work permits to work legally in other countries and get paid. The student work abroad, internship, and work exchange programs listed below may be able to help you achieve this goal. Many take place during the summer, when students have finished their studies, and think forward to their careers. Internships are often paid after a small fee to the placement agency, though not all, as the experience working abroad is often invaluable by itself in building your international and personal resume.

Student Work Abroad Programs from InterExchange
InterExchange, a nonprofit organization with more than 50 years of cultural exchange experience, offers work and experiential learning programs for U.S. citizens around the world, including Au Pair, Teach English, Spanish Immersion and Work & Travel.

Contact us with no obligation and we’ll be glad to help you plan your travels!

Student Internships Abroad from InterExchange Contact: Interexchange Working Abroad, 100 Wall Street, Suite 301, New York, NY 10005, USA.
Tel.: 212-924-0446; toll-free 1.800-597-3675.

BUNAC Working Adventures Worldwide
Since 1962, BUNAC have been enabling all young people to discover the world through life changing work and travel adventures. We are experts in providing programs that span a long list of countries: the UK on our Intern in Britain program, and Intern in Ireland programs. We provide assistance in getting your work permit and job hunting support in-country in Australia, New Zealand, and other locations. To find out more information, visit our website.
Internship work in the UK Contact: BUNAC USA, 585 N. Juniper Drive Suite 250, Chandler, AZ 85226

AIESEC is a worldwide student-run organization that generates thousands of paid internships, summer and year-round, each year in over 120 countries. The internships range from those with a business or technical focus to teaching English. You can only apply through campus chapters.
American-Scandinavian Foundation is an organization with a website that lists both study and work programs. Nonprofit organization offers paid internships in Scandinavia in engineering, teaching English as a foreign language, business, and agricultural fields. ASF also assists with obtaining work permits for Scandinavia.
Cultural Vistas is a nonprofit organization that offers paid internship programs worldwide in engineering and science in more than 25 countries worldwide. They can also assist in obtaining work permits for paid career-related practical training in most fields for both students and college graduates.
IAESTE is a non-profit organization that offers paid internships in 80+ countries for students of science, engineering and the applied arts. Low placement fees.
Teaching Assistantship Program in France (TAPIF): Paid Employment in France. Official information on study and work in France from the French government. Administers placement programs such as the Teaching Assistant and Internship in France for Americans between the ages of 20 and 35, with a payment of €790/month. Teaching positions are also available in such French-speaking overseas departments as French Guiana, Guadeloupe, Martinique, and Réunion.
Work Your Way Around The World by Susan Griffith. Not a program, but an authoritative guide that will help you look for and find short-term jobs while abroad. Extensive country-by-country narratives include firsthand reports by students and recent graduates.

Work Your Way Around the World

  About Us Privacy
  Contact Us Cookie Policy
  Advertise With Us Terms of Service
  Add / Update Your Programs