Work, Study, Travel and Living Abroad on TwitterGoogle+Flipboard  
Home Work Abroad Volunteer Abroad Intern Abroad Teach Abroad Study Abroad High School Travel Abroad Living Abroad
  Work Abroad International Teaching Careers: K-12 and University School Jobs International Teaching Websites
Work Abroad

International Teaching Websites: K-12 and University School Jobs

Teaching in international K-12 schools usually requires teaching certification. Teaching at the university level usually requires a PhD or a professional degree, though there are some options available for advanced graduate students.

The International Educator (TIE)
International Career Opportunities
The International Educator (TIE) is a private nonprofit organization dedicated to serving International Schools all over the world by helping them find qualified teachers. TIE links thousands of English-speaking teachers to worldwide opportunities in over 400 American Overseas and International Schools around the world. TIE does this through a comprehensive online service and a newspaper issued 5 times throughout the year.

Salaries and savings opportunities vary, but most schools provide travel, rental and health care benefits. Please visit our website to explore these opportunities.

The international Educator (TIE) Contact: The International Educator (TIE), PO Box 513, Cummaquid, MA 02637 USA.
Tel.: 508-790-1990; Toll Free (USA): 1- 877-375-6668. Fax: 508-790-1922.
Cost: Annual Website subscription Cost: $39/year. Annual Website PLUS Newspaper Cost: $49/year
Dates: Year-Round

K-12 Teaching Abroad

The Association of American Schools in South America,, is a non-profit membership association currently serving forty-one American / International schools throughout South America and offshore islands. AASSA is an active recruiter of qualified teachers.

European Council of International Schools,, offers International Teacher Certification courses to aid in the international job search process.

Fulbright Teacher Exchange: US State Department, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs. Teaching exchanges (reciprocal) for currently employed K-12 teachers.

International Schools Services. P.O. Box 5910, Princeton, NJ 08543; 609-452-0990; fax 609-452-2690;, Applicants for overseas teaching positions in private American international schools are able to interview in the states at one of ISS’s U.S.-based International Recruitment Centers. Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree, two years of current K-12 teaching experience, and in most cases teaching certification., Teaching Jobs Overseas International Employment for Teachers. A site which requires membership, it nonetheless provides some interesting resources and articles on finding work teaching overseas, along with a plethora of job listings worldwide.

Search Associates, Tries to match qualified teachers and interns (who must be university graduates) with vacancies in international schools worldwide via its website and also teacher/recruiter job fairs held in Kuala Lumpur, Sydney, Dubai, London, Toronto, Massachusetts, California and others between January and July. There is a registration fee.

Teachers Latin America: Recruitment and Placement Solutions for International Education, Always free for educators, Teachers Latin America connects you to employment at international and bilingual schools throughout Latin America. Teach your subject area in English – math, science, social studies, humanities, English language arts and more in preschool, primary, and secondary.

Univ. of Northern Iowa’s Overseas Placement Service for Educators, This university-sponsored service organizes an annual job fair for certified teachers for international K-12 English language schools and publishes information about these schools.

U.S. Department of State, Teaching Overseas, Site describes English-language K-12 schools abroad, opportunities for teaching abroad and gives links to relevant organizations.

UNI Overseas Placement Service for Educators at the Univ. of Northern Iowa Career Center. The UNI Overseas Placement Service for Educators connects international K-12 schools with certified educators year round. Services offered include the UNI Overseas Recruiting Fair, credential and referral services, and related publications. UNI is the original international fair for educators. No placement fees.

Univ. of Michigan, International Center’s Overseas Opportunities Office provides excellent resources of K-12 and University teaching resources.

University Teaching Abroad

Chronicle of Higher Education. For academicians the Chronicle is the best source of job listings. Much of site accessible only to subscribers. Also check with discipline-specific professional associations.

Council of International Schools. U.K. Office. CIS is a not-for-profit association and a good resource for international education. They also provide teacher and administrative recruitment services. There is no fee charged to candidates, either for registering with CIS or for securing a new appointment through their services.

Fulbright Scholar Program, Grants for US Faculty and Professionals, Council for International Exchange of Scholars (CIES). Overseas teaching and research positions for those qualified to teach or to do research in universities, as well as study tours for international education administrators.

  About Us We Pay for Travel Writing  
  Contact Us  
  Advertise with Us TERMS AND CONDITIONS  
  ©Transitions Abroad 1997-2017  
  Webzine Privacy  
  Add Your Program Listings Terms of Service